1. My name is Jessica Samuel.
2. I am twenty-six years old.
3. I’ve lived in New York all my life, except for the four years of my life that I spent at college.
4. I went to Georgetown majoring in Art History and minoring in English Literature.
5. I’m currently working as a Fashion Stylist for clients such as J Crew, Miu Miu, Teen Vogue, Nylon, and Urban Outiftters.
6. That basically means that I pick out the outifts for the ads or spreads.
7. I am currently single but I do like two boys very much right now so we will see how that goes…
8. I have never written a blog before but my friends all have and it looked like tons of fun.
9. I am very unpredictable. Last week I flew to Venice for four days because it was rather cold in New York and I had no plans for the next few days.
10. I am awful at saving money. I just saw Confessions of a Shopaholic in theaters (I liked the books better) and the whole time I felt like I was looking in the mirror, just I have blonde hair not red and I don’t know Hugh Dancy, unfortunately.
11. One of my favorite things to do is curl up on my sofa with some popcorn and a movie. I love all types of movies – it all just depends on my mood. Some nights are Audrey Hepburn nights (Roman Holiday) or drama nights (Blood Diamond) or the most common of nights: romantic comedy nights (Love Actually).
12. If I’m not watching movies, I’m watching Sex and the City. I’m obsessed. I’ve seen every single episode. I also love some current tv shows, although not many. My favorites are The Office, 30 Rock, Pushing Daisies, The United States of Tara, House and SUV.
13. I have no idea how I could ever live anywhere other than New York City. I love traveling to new places. My brothers have managed to move out of the city btu I really couldn’t ever. I love New York. All my friends and family are here and my work is here too, but mostly the reason I have stayed is that now my heart is here in New York.
14. Honestly, the main reason I became a fashion stylist is because I was ten thousand dollars in debt and being as stubborn as I am, was not going to allow my parents to pay it off. Plus, I have a family friend who works for Nylon and therefore, could get me into the whole business of it all. So I quit trying to become a journalist and started doing this.
15. I am obsessed with fashion.